top of page
St. Marys Hospital
SKU: 2-mary

St. Marys Hospital

$17.00Price

8 for $110

Quantity

St. Mary’s Hospital began serving Racine in 1882, when Franciscan Sisters converted a small frame building at 16th Street and Campbell Street—now Grand Avenue—into a Catholic hospital. A permanent building was completed in 1889 and enlarged repeatedly as the city grew. The hospital welcomed patients regardless of religious affiliation and also operated a nursing school from 1910 to 1927, graduating 80 nurses.

The large hospital pictured here was completed in 1933 and became a familiar Racine landmark. St. Mary’s remained at this location until 1977, when it moved to a modern medical center on Spring Street. The former hospital was then purchased by neighboring S. C. Johnson and repurposed for company operations, including use as the Louis Laboratories.

    bottom of page